Monday, July 28, 2014

Day One of PiYo!!

Ok...So the day has come for me to start the full PiYo program.  I have done random workouts here and there by myself and with the ladies from fit club.  But now I'm going to do the program start to finish!




Let's talk a bit about what Piyo is....

PiYo is a low-impact, high-intensity body-transformation program. It uses the most effective Pilates- and yoga-inspired moves set to a fast pace to help you burn fat while you sculpt long, lean muscles.  You hear muscle..and probably think weights, right?  Wrong!  With PiYo you will sculpt those lean muscles without jumps, without weights, and without straining your joints!  And there aren't any crazy hard choreographed moves to learn.  


Here's some other info you may be interested in when thinking about trying PiYo
Who is PiYo for? The real question should be...who ISN'T PiYo for?!  If you're looking to lose weight, build lean muscle without the bulk, if you have joint issues and you're looking for a program that doesn't have you jumping around the whole time, if you're on the go a lot and you're looking for a program that doesn't include equipment, if you're a beginner in fitness, even if you're an extreme fitness enthusiasts and just want to give your joints a break...PIYO IS FOR YOU!!  It's for ANYONE.

What do you get with PiYo?

Base Kit:
-It includes 8 workouts plus 1 bonus workout on 3 DVDs
-PiYo Quick Start Guide
-PiYo Workout Calendar
-Get Lean Eating Plan
-Tape Measure

Strength DVD Package:
-Includes everything in the Base Kit including two additional accelerated workouts, yoga mat & Beachbody Strength Slide with Booties meant to help increase the intensity and the results!

How long is the program and the workouts?
-PiYo is a 60 program and the workouts will last anywhere from 20-45 minutes long



So there you have it..a summary of the program I'll be throwing myself into over the next 2 months.  Now onto the "good" stuff....pictures!

I took these at probably the worst possible time.  It was a little after 11 pm last night, after a day of treats, Royal Farms chicken and a DQ blizzard.  UGH.  I've been allowing myself way too many treats this past week and it SHOWS.  But whatev...gotta start somewhere.  


Last week I received my package from ThredUp.com {my new fave store btw!  I HATE spending money and I hate shopping and looking for clothes and this online shop is just perfect for me lol} ANYHOO I got some awesome pieces and everything fit awesome except for these size 8 Forever 21 shorts {pictured below}  NOT a pretty site.  But now I have some goal shorts! So it works out perfectly =)

So I'M READY.  I'm going to kick it into gear!  I planned my first week with PiYo and I also threw in my Body Beast workouts.  This is my last week of Body Beast.  I won't be following the schedule perfectly for the last week but I think I'll be ok.  I'm going to continue to do the workouts while I'm doing PiYo as well as throwing in a few runs a week.

Here's a preview of the week ahead: {click to enlarge}

I will of course update you on my progress ;)  Wish me luck!

Interested in trying PiYo yourself??
visit this link---->>>> PiYo With Erika

1 comment:

  1. We provide great quality kurti tops and capris for as well as corporate kurtis and office wear kurtas. kurtas online

    ReplyDelete