Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Coming Up On Two Years



Just one month shy of 2 years since I began this health and fitness journey. It's been tough & I've had my ups and downs but I  have never once even toyed with the idea of quitting.  my sister Jazz and I were just talking about this recently. Though things have been difficult and we may get a little discouraged at times we have never sat around feeling sorry for ourselves, throwing pity parties or decided to throw in the towel.  Instead when things get tough and life pushes us around.... We push back harder!  When we don't like something we see we use that as motivation to change it not an opportunity to complain about it.


That's what happens when you really make the change in your mind to get healthy....you let NOTHING get in your way or stop you from achieving goals.  You can try every diet, shake or fitness program out there but nothing will work or LAST  until you change the way you think about your body and your health. It can't just be to fit in a dress for one event or because you want to look cute in a bikini for the summer.... Because when summer is over you'll the right back where your started complaining about those same pounds you need to lose again. It needs to be a LIFESTYLE change. You need to be willing to let go of the bad habits keeping you from achieving your goals. And equally.... you need to be willing to put in the WORK.   No excuses.

Through this journey I have gained so much more than I've lost. Gained energy, confidence, strength, friends, happiness, & knowledge.... Oh the things I know now.  I know how to properly fuel my body.  I know slashing calories to almost nothing is not a healthy way to lose.  Quality of the foods you're eating is more important than the number of calories in it.  I know I am capable of doing so much more than I thought at one point.  Limits were made to be broken. I know having goals is everything. I know consistency is key. I know that personal development is something we could ALL benefit from. I know that everyone that asks for advice and help aren't always ready to accept it. I know now that not everyone is going to be happy for you no matter how much of a positive change you have made in your life. I honestly say I'm surprised by the people that support me and the ones I thought would.. that do not. But above all I know that I am happier and healthier than I have ever been in my life. I know that I'm doing great things. I know that in a sea of "friends" that don't wanna hear my story or see my posts that if just one does and it can help them than its worth the share.....So I'll continue to do so ;)


Erika.L.Scott85@Gmail.com
Instagram @FatGirl_Meets_FitWorld
Facebook.com/fatgirlmeetsfitworld

No comments:

Post a Comment