Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Most Asked Question







Most asked question for sure..."How do you stay motivated?"


For those that don't know, I lost my mom almost 5 years ago. No, it wasn't weight related. She passed from cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol. I've said it before....I love my mom. She was gorgeous, talented (quite the artist), funny, and would be there for us no matter what. She raised two beautiful (if i do say so myself lol) strong women. She did the best that she could but the fact of the matter is she did not take of herself. She passed at 48 years old. She never saw me marry. She never saw her two granddaughters be born. If I'm being very honest I would say I still at times hold some kinda of angry towards the situation. "Why couldn't she just stop?" But there were deeper things that went on with her than I could understand.


So...my motivation? My family. My daughter. My want and need to be here to see her grow up. My want and need to not only be here to see her grow up but to be ENJOY my time here with her. Sawyer was active very early on and I new if I wanted to be able to keep up with on a regular basis then I needed to change. I had aches and pains. I was uncomfortable in my skin. I would be out of breathe just going up a few stairs. No, I wasn't drinking alcohol on a regular basis but I WAS poisoning my body. I was addicted to junk and being inactive. Something needed to change.

I not only want to be around for Sawyer but I want to teach her better habits. I want to END THE TREND of treating our bodies like complete crap. I'm fairly confident in the fact that I'm doing a good job of that so far. I actually just had a discussion with my mother in law the other day where she made a comment that she thinks Sawyer actually prefers water to anything else...not milk, not soda, not sugar filled juices...just plain old water. Shes better than I am! lol

Anyway...Yes. I want to be around for my family and daughter. I want to see her get married & have kids. Hell I wanna run around with those kids lol I don't want to be taken from my family any sooner than I have to be. I don't want her to hold any kind of anger or resentment towards me because of how I pass. And I'm not saying because I've changed my life it means that those things will happen. There are things unforeseen that could happen to me. But I will do everything in MY power to better my odds 

No comments:

Post a Comment